Monday, April 23, 2007

Ack! Attack

Ah, Springfield! Home of our 16th President, but curiously, not of our 42nd Governor!

My conference was fine, blessedly short, and I am looking forward to my new appointment in June. However, this will be the last meeting I drive to. I was fairly anxious crossing that badass bridge in LaSalle on the way down; on the way home, I had a full-fledged panic attack. No matter how many times I told myself that I was FINE, there was no way to avoid seeing the river waaaay down below. I was shaking so hard that my foot was bouncing on the gas pedal, and the hand holding my cigarette was flinging ashes all over the car.

Obviously, confronting your fears isn't always the best way to get over them.

Oh, and you in the green Werner semi? Those white lines that divide the lanes are NOT a polite suggestion!

There is something liberating, though, to be cruising along on the interstate with your radio cranked and the window down, although I did get some weird looks.

Don't go out tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bathroom on the right

WHAT?

1 Comments:

At 4/29/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, no...

it's "there's a baboon on the right":

http://www.kissthisguy.com/lyric.php?id=1138

 

Post a Comment

<< Home