Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just "Plane" Wrong

Okay , this article has me fairly engaged today.

The parents can’t get their three year old daughter to sit in her seat after 15 minutes of trying, delaying the plane. The parents claim:

“We weren't given an opportunity to hold her, console her or anything.”

It seems to me that you had at least fifteen minutes to do that. But I guess maybe it IS a little hard to console a child if you plain can’t get to her.

“She was removed because "she was climbing under the seat and hitting the parents and wouldn't get in her seat" during boarding”, according to the airlines.

Personally, I think Air Tran was justified in removing the child from the plane. Obviously, the parents have no control over this child’s behavior if she can’t understand by some action or tone of voice that the time to quit screwing around is NOW, get in your seat.

Now, I’m not saying that my children aren’t capable of throwing a fit on a plane. Since my youngest turns 24 tomorrow, I’m kinda not too worried about it. But you folks with young kids- do you think this was too harsh?

I'm just thinking an ass whopping and some duct tape would have done wonders.

3 Comments:

At 1/25/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They should have smacked the shit out of he kid.

Its too much of a pain in the ass to log in.

 
At 1/26/2007, Blogger Contagion said...

I don't think it was too harsh. I have a three year old that is overly energetic, and he may not like it, but he would have been seated and belted in.

 
At 1/28/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to the good old days, when you could shoot your kid for acting up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home