Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Would You Stop?

Or...Why I Will Never Own A Car Again.

The roads were horrible this morning- wasn’t really expecting that! I knew the wind had picked up last night, but surely did not think the roads would drift so badly, I was nearly halfway to work, twenty miles of not knowing where the center line or the shoulder was, when I see flashers come on ahead of me. In the ditch.

Shit. No one is stopping.

I drove past to the next available road to turn around and go back to the car. The ditch is pretty deep right there, and that poor little car was buried, the front end all crunched up. The girl driving was shook up, but okay. I stayed until the County got there and a tow truck was on the way. And not one other car stopped to see if she was okay or if they could help.

Now, is this just me feeling WAY too cocky with my 4WD Exploder, or do people honestly not give a damn anymore? I don’t stop for every motorist I see, especially if it is an able bodied man. But in a situation when there is damage? Or an elderly person? Maybe I’m nuts, but it seems to me that the right thing to do is offer assistance if you are able.

What do YOU think?

2 Comments:

At 1/23/2007, Blogger Tammi said...

All I know is you saved my ass with the warning this morning...thankyouverymuch!

Even when I took off they were still bad til I hit the highway.

And yes, that was the right thing to do. I'd have stopped, even in Lana.

 
At 1/23/2007, Blogger Silentwarrior said...

Hell yeah I would have stopped. You did a very good thing there. Cool points for the man upstairs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home