Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Danimal

Yep, it’ll probably be All Bears, All The Time for the next two weeks. Please excuse me and allow me my few moments of glory before The Beloved get their asses handed to them.
I have always been a Bears fan. But my fanhood increased exponentially in 1982, when the Bears came to Arizona. At the time, Papa Bear George Halas was wintering in Paradise Valley and wanted to see how the team was shaping up, so he flew them out to have a look. I had just had Young Sgt a few months earlier, and it was a treat to get out of the house and go see the Bears practice at Sun Devil Stadium.

I saw Gary Fencik. Doug Plank. Sweetness himself. Oh my God, I was in heaven!

And then, in the end zone giving an interview, was Danimal.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I thought he was the biggest, most arrogant SOB I had ever seen.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And of course, promptly fell in lust.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I mean, for the love of all that is holy, THIS is a MAN! It nearly broke my heart when he retired in ’90.

Seasons come, season go. But for me, Dan Hampton is still my all time favorite Bear.

5 Comments:

At 1/23/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. Am I really named after him?
What a mullett!

 
At 1/23/2007, Blogger ma content said...

Ahem, if you read closely, you were about 4 or 5 months old the first time I saw him. So no, but it makes for an interesting story.

And that's not a mullet- his neck is that freakin' big. ;)

 
At 1/23/2007, Blogger Tammi said...

I love Dan Hampton! He and Walter spoke often at our company sales meetings, way back when.

Yeah, that was when it ROCKED to be a Bears fan. Big time!!!

 
At 1/28/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's got a little girl's voice...

 
At 12/13/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1584/snapshot20hampton99nicecx6.jpg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home