Friday, January 12, 2007

Desperation

It's not that I am so bereft of anything to say that I have to blog about what I had for dinner last night, fer pete's sake.

This Saturday I am the mistress of ceremonies for the 6th District's Voice of Democracy banquet. This is a pretty big undertaking, and since it is NOT being held at my VF*n*W post, I've had a bit of running to do. This all started back in November, lining up judges for the audio essay contest, detailing every part of the program as it needs to happen, invitations, decorations, awards, etc. I have finally gotten things ready enough that I just need to write checks and worry if I have any pantyhose that are still serviceable.

VOD is a good program, don't get me wrong, but there are times when I felt if I NEVER had to listen to another undereducated adolescent spout their misstatements of historial fact or go off on tangents about teenage pregnancy when the subject matter was "Freedom's Challenge", it would be a good thing. When competing in a contest for scholarship money held by a veterans' organization, it might be a good idea to considerwho will be listening to your essay.

But at least someone else will have to do this next year.

Because I have been asked to be the chairman for the whole damned state.

Aside to Bou: Don't say it, please!

1 Comments:

At 1/13/2007, Blogger Richmond said...

Holy Cow! I hope it all comes together...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home