Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Good Thoughts and Prayers

Shayna has a new Eugene post up, and unfortunately he has had some trouble and is in the hospital. If you haven't been following the Eugene chronicles, sit down, grab a cup of coffee, a box of kleenex and treat yourself to reading about how one person can truly make a difference in this world. Shayna has the biggest heart in Tennesee.

We often wonder if we're making a difference. (I know, Marines don't have that problem!) I always hope in the final reckoning that I will be judged as having given much more than I received. Being the cranky old bitch that I am, it's a constant struggle. Since my "giving" column is in the red this year, I'm thinking about auctioning a quilt. I bought one at the VF*n*W convention at a silent auction, and I just love it. I love it enough to part with it if I can raise some funds for Valour-IT. But I've never done anything like this online and suggestions would be welcome. I'll get pictures of the quilt and post them tomorrow. It's beautiful.

So here's your assignments:
1) say a prayer or ten for Eugene
2) Be like Shayna!
3) ideas for auctioning

Like I don't know anyone in MARKETING!!

4 Comments:

At 8/22/2006, Blogger Tammi said...

Hmmm...brain kickin' into gear...

Let me think on this for a bit....

 
At 8/22/2006, Blogger sparrow said...

Can I get an "AMEN" sister?????? You speak the truth, good almighty lord, you do!!!!

(I'm trackbacking if I can figure out how... they didn't teach this crap in college... I learned the important stuff like how to not puke beer bongs outta my nose. *wink*)


Pixie
OUT.

 
At 8/23/2006, Blogger ma content said...

Pixie, that is all a matter of circular breathing techniques!

 
At 8/23/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a "blushing" post for me... you really have no idea how touched I am.

Eugene is still in the hospital... a little "out of his head" now. They are talking about sending him to Nashville for more test... this is all I know for now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home