Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Go Speed Racer!

It was about a year ago that I blogged about my nephew, Ty, who has been racing since he was four years old. At that time, he was promoting the Unmet Needs program for the VF*n*W Foundation, and got to meet Jerry Nadeau:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ty’s eleven now, and will be moving up a class next year from Bandoleros to this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nice birthday present, huh? Not the best picture, but there is room for both cars in the trailer and it has lights inside- very nice. I’ve been getting more drawn back to racing, much to Old Sarge’s displeasure. For a few years when we first got married, it was a very big part of our lives. That and the VFW. Now, at OS’s insistence, we aren’t doing anything with either. Well, he’s not. I just can’t be content sitting at home watching TV every night.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hey, see the side here? I told my sister that she didn’t need to peel the CANNING, INC. off the side- that can stay as my sponsorship advertising this year. Very appropriate!

1 Comments:

At 8/29/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! That is a great sponsor name for the car... :) :)

BTW... I just thought I let you know they have put Eugene in the Nursing Home for what they say will be 1 month just so he can build his strength back up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home