Thursday, November 01, 2007

My Soap Box, Please

Dear Micah and Ava,

I had the opportunity to see your segments in the Nickelodeon video, Rebels With a Cause, and I have questions. Micah first.

Micah, you are concerned with prisoners being tortured in Gitmo, and draw attention to your cause by wearing an orange jumpsuit and black hood. Yet in the same video, detainees are shown wearing clean white clothes and skullcaps. Which is it? I wonder if you have ever spoken to anyone who has either served or been detained in Guantanamo, because surely your conviction that the government tortures people there came from somewhere.
You also speak of Constitutional violations, and again I wonder, have you read the Constitution and if asked, answer specifically which Article is being violated? Because if you can’t, Micah, it sounds like you are letting someone else do your critical thinking for you. And I would ask you to check out thoroughly that World Can’t Wait group. If you look at who is on their advisory board, you will see one Lynne Stewart listed there. Not really a very nice lady.

Now, Ava. I have checked out your website, and admire your dedication to peace. Nobody wants it more than me, trust me. But finding pictures of maimed children on the internet is a very easy thing to do. Misery sells, that’s a fact. But if you are really interested in letting folks know the “truth” as you see it from Alabama, you might want to check out the work of a few guys that also take pictures of Iraqi kids- guys like Michael Yon, or Michael Totten, to name a few. Give your site a little balance and read Iraq the Model and read what Iraqis like Omar and Mohammed have to say.

As a parent, please trust me when I tell you that critical thinking involves looking at ALL aspects of a situation, not immersing yourself in just one.

Respectfully,
Raging Mom

Oh, and a side note to Linda Ellerbee- wearing orange sneakers at age 63 maybe be whimsy on your part, but for g*d’s sake, grow up. You’re still a piece of crap.

5 Comments:

At 11/01/2007, Blogger Richmond said...

Booyah, RM. Very well said!

 
At 11/01/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you. Really. I do.

You Nailed This.......

Tammi

 
At 11/01/2007, Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

loved this

 
At 11/02/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellently said.

 
At 11/03/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that these people actually read your site or possibly find a copy of this in their mail real soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home