Saturday, September 29, 2007

Coming of (Old) Age

Blech! Work!

For lack of anything worthwhile to post, I am going to let you, my loyal readers- both of you- make an important decision for me.

You see, next Saturday is my birthday. It is also the last birthday I will have that I will NOT be receiving a nice birthday card from AARP or getting a red hat for a present.
Unfortunately, next weekend also brings the bane of my existence, Autumn on Parade, to my hometown, the yearly infestation of Chicagoans that visit our quaint little burg in search of their annual arts and crafts fix. And their little dogs, too!

There is no Firemen's dance this year.

There IS an Alumni Dance, but good God, I couldn't stand those people thirty years ago, much less now.

I can't count on Old Sarge for any festivities because staying up past 8:00 p.m. would make his head explode.

SO...what's a gal to do for the 20th anniversary of her 29th birthday?

I'm open for suggestions!

3 Comments:

At 9/30/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if the parade comes by your house: sit on porch with a watergun :)

 
At 10/01/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinkin' on this all weekend....

I'll come up with somethin'. Oh yes I will.....

:-)

Tammi

 
At 10/02/2007, Blogger Richmond said...

You know - that "apple pie" recipe you posted a while back seems like a GOOD birthday treat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home