Thursday, April 12, 2007

What Would You Do?

A co-worker from the other office comes in. She is unusually chatty, gesturing quite a bit with her hands. She has lit a cigarette, it is held between very straight fingers, almost arching back. Flitting from subject to subject, words slurring a little. The usual 30 second mail pickup is lasting a good fifteen minutes. Your partner remarks after she leaves that he smelled alcohol.

I felt like I should have pulled her outside and told her to either go home or to keep her mouth closed all day. It will be obvious to anyone at the other office. But I didn't feel like I had to let anyone else know.

1 Comments:

At 4/12/2007, Blogger Contagion said...

I'm not sure what her job function is, but at some point you should have informed management or her supervisor. All she is doing is possibly endangering herself and others and is probably not doing her job right causing more work for others later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home