Thursday, August 31, 2006

Indulgence

I have big plans to do nothing but girlfriend stuff this Labor Day. Old Sarge is going to be putting a roof on his parents’ house, so I get free reign of my time. My sister has also put me in charge of the birthday present for a friend of hers- it’s a girls only party Saturday night.
I have met Lisa a few times, and decided she needs a “me me me” basket. This will be her 30th birthday. She’s a stunningly beautiful girl who is also about 100 lbs. overweight, raising two 9-11 yr. old boys alone. When my sister asked for a list of who to invite, there was almost no one on it except our family and her dad. How sad is that?
I feel very bad for her. The whole single mother thing at such a young age. Her youngest boy had my hand itching for a little attitude adjustment, thankfully my spanking days are long over.
So…what to put in there that just screams “for just a little bit, I am not a mom or an ex-wife or a daughter, I am just me”? I have some things from Bath & Body, and I’m thinking candles, wine glasses and a nice bottle or two, gourmet coffee, bath salts, manicure items, chocolates, maybe a couple of bodice-ripper paperbacks. Of course, no basket of mine is ever complete without a bottle of Mr. Bubble Pool Party.

Any other suggestions??

3 Comments:

At 8/31/2006, Blogger Tammi said...

Great start on that list......hmmmm I'm thinkin' maybe a "coupon" for babysitting - just so she can step away.

Other than that, you've got everything that came to mind....

 
At 8/31/2006, Blogger ma content said...

Oh no, there will be no babysitting. ;) Maybe some St. Joseph's Baby Downers.

 
At 8/31/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Single mom... girls only... I'm thinking some sort of fuckerware party (you know, inappropriate toys, etc..) if they do that sort of thing in rural IL :)

I had one in Flagstaff, it was a riot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home