Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My meeting yesterday afternoon was NOT about my absence Monday.
See, about once a year someone notices that I am overworked, no, make that overtasked, and that alot of the things I do could be done by a minion. (Sorry, Contagion that is too good of a word not to use!)
I am on my fourth in two years. Not a one of them has lasted more than four months. And this newest one doesn't have the slightest clue about what goes on in a mine. She does not have good phone skills, knows nothing of construction, geology or trucking. She does, however, speak Spanish. I should be thrilled, but she doesn't know what she's talking about when she speaks to the non-English customers, and except for a word or two, I don't know what she's telling them! Mistakes are being made that are costly. I am tired of hearing how it was daylight when she got in on any particular night. (This job is not condusive to drinking on a "school night"; I'm usually in bed by 7 p.m.)

So Chica is not working out, and it is up to me to decide ff she is at all salvageable or if she needs to go. I have until Friday to make my decision.

Now, if I could only have as much input in the hiring process as I do the firing!!

2 Comments:

At 7/26/2006, Blogger Richmond said...

Dang - sounds like I could do better. I speak okay spanish and I am *not* a kid anymore at least... ;) Hang in there!

 
At 7/26/2006, Blogger Tammi said...

Whew. I was thinkin' of you all day today......

Glad it's someone else in the hot seat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home